Optimum Phone Number
Call Optimum customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 42 mins (21m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:30am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 1, then 0 at each prompt until transferred
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Exposed wires outside my home
For more than two weeks, * channels no longer work on all cable boxes. I have reset all...
I just wanted to clarify if I was signed up for auto pay
Our internet and phone have been down since July **th since the first storm of the summ...
Is there a Chinese representative customer service?
I have * new DVR cableboxes from optimum. neither gets channel **.
No connection. Need to go over modem setup connection.
I’m waiting on a technician to install a new service. They were supposed to be here bet...
Cancel service because I am moving out on Oct *, ****. My billing period is...
Double charged for a whole year. Need refund.
I can’t get the voice feature to work on thectemote
We had a new box installed and it has been attempting to connect for over ** hours. T...
Speak to a representative, finding out prices for upgrading the plan
WiFi does not work through my whole house. Do I need to update my older router and modu...
One of the ALTICE*Optimum vans tress passed my property illegally by going into my driv...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Optimum's Phone-Based Customer Care
Optimum is a provider of Internet, telephone and cable TV services and serves the New York tri-state area. It's a subsidiary of Altice USA, which owns other cable brands that operate across the country. As a major provider of communications services, Optimum receives a huge number of customer service requests every day.
Why Do People Call Optimum Customer Service?
People call Optimum for many reasons, including:
- Starting new cable TV, Internet or telephone service
- Canceling or making changes to existing services
- Technical support
- Scheduling technician visits
- Arranging for relocation of service
- Billing questions
Getting in Touch With Optimum by Phone
Optimum operates in three states, each with different numbers. Another thing to consider is that Optimum has different phone lines for business and residential customers. Calling the right number can save you time and frustration.
Optimum also has dedicated phone lines for opening new accounts. These lines are open during the following times:
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Technical support is available by phone 24 hours per day. Customer service for all other issues is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to Optimum?
Unfortunately, Optimum customer service has a poor reputation. While many people report satisfaction with their cable, Internet and telephone services, trying to get assistance from Optimum is often challenging. Consumers report that phone representatives are unpleasant and often not able to resolve issues.
Notable Media Reports
In one case of note, the media reported that an elderly Optimum customer was tricked into signing a "work order" for a technician who had been out to his home to fix a malfunctioning phone. The customer had been told that he was only signing a statement indicating that the technician had shown up. Not only was the phone not repaired, but the customer was also billed a fee for the technician.
Calls to Optimum were unsuccessful, and it took the efforts of a well-known consumer advocate to get the charge reversed and the phone fixed.
What Kind of Issues can Optimum Phone-Based Customer Service Resolve?
There are many issues that can be resolved via telephone customer service, including billing issues, starting or changing new service, transferring service after a relocation, setting up technician appointments and handling some technical issues.
What Issues Can't Be Resolved by Calling Optimum?
Some issues do require a visit from a technician who can diagnose and repair problems with equipment and connectivity. In addition, customers who need to exchange or return equipment will have to use a shipping service or make a personal visit to an Optimum store that is set up for this purpose.
Steps You Can Take to Improve Call Outcomes
- Make sure you are calling the right phone number for your state and account type (home or business).
- Check the time: Remember, phone-based technical support is available at all times, but phone support for other service requests is restricted to specific business hours.
- Have a recent bill in front of you. If you don't have a bill, look up your account number online and print it out or write it down.
- Remain calm and polite during your call. Many customer service representatives are under significant pressure and may be more inclined to go out of their way to help a customer who treats them with respect.
What Can I Do if Dissatisfied with my Call to Optimum Customer Service?
If you are frustrated by an unsuccessful call to Optimum, know that you still have options. Here are some things you can do to get an appropriate resolution:
- Take a few minutes to write down what happened during your first call. Having this information in front of you can be useful when describing your problem to another representative or supervisor.
- Write down your desired resolution. Doing this can help keep your conversation on track and ensure that your issues are addressed.
- Try calling again. Some representatives are better trained or have more experience than others and may be able to approach your situation differently.
- Consider getting in touch through other means. Optimum offers the option of getting in touch via online chat, which has the benefit of providing you with a record of your communication, something that can be useful when escalating your complaint.
- Optimum also offers assistance through its social media platforms, including Twitter. As with online chat, you'll have a record of your conversation.
- Visit an Optimum store. This option can be particularly useful if you need to return or exchange equipment. You may also have an easier time explaining your issue in a face-to-face discussion with a store associate.
- Some issues, such as checking service outages and transferring service because of a move, can be addressed entirely through Optimum's mobile app or website.
Customer Number 888-276-5255 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial888-276-5255
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial8:30am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 1, then 0 at each prompt until transferred
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, web
Quality of communication42%
Quality of help68%
Information last updatedWed Sep 15 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Optimum's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Optimum's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Optimum agent. This phone number is Optimum's Best Phone Number because 185,034 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 888-276-5255 include Change Plan, Technical Support, Dispute a Charge, Service Outage, Cancel Account and other customer service issues. The Optimum call center that you call into has employees from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Optimum has 8 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Optimum representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Optimum - by phone or otherwise
While 888-276-5255 is Optimum's best toll-free number, there are 10 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other Optimum customers, is by calling their 833-926-3027 phone number for their New Customers department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 833-926-3027 for New Customers. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Optimum please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Optimum.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Optimum?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Optimum. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.