CenturyLink Phone Number
Calling CenturyLink customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 17 mins (16m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST; best time to call: 2:15pm
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 1 to order service, press 2 for customer service
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I would like to know what features I have on my line and what it takes to activate them...
To fix my problem they ran a temporary line. Still has not been buried. Utilities marke...
does amount drafted on my statement mean that my bill is taken from my credit card and...
you keep sending my payment back by check from bmo harris bank............then you are...
i keep paying my bill....which you are staing that i'm pASt due,.....and you keep sendi...
My telephone service is out of order. No dial tone. I tried contacting CL earlier but...
I am having failed text* voice connections from my **********
I wan t to pay my bill and set up auto payments
Greetings***** *** ******Phone rings * times before going to voicemail. I'm old and ca...
Our phone * is ***-***-**** and billed under Marilyn B. Cipra. Address is ** Sumac Lan...
I'm having trouble connecting my new kindle Twilight Blue onto my home internet why is this
I can't sign in to my email on my new amazon fire. I even changed my password, but no...
I was charged a late fee last month eventhough I paid my bill on April *th.
Please, please please!!!!!!! Stop sending us text messages!!!!!!!!!!
Account **********Sarah De la Cuba**We just had my internet service moved to my new a...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on CenturyLink's Phone-Based Customer Care
CenturyLink is a technology company that is perhaps best known for offering consumer and business telecommunications, broadband Internet and DirectTV services. As a provider of services in 37 U.S. states, it isn't surprising that its customer service departments get a lot of calls.
Why do People Call CenturyLink Customer Support?
People call CenturyLink customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Requesting the start of new service
- Making changes to existing services
- Canceling or transferring service
- Technical support for services or devices
- Upgrading or purchasing equipment or devices
- Questions about the proper use of services or equipment
- Scheduling technician visits
- Questions about accounting and billing issues
- Making payment plans
Best Practices for Calling CenturyLink Customer Service
To help ensure a productive conversation with CenturyLink customer service representatives, check out these tips:
- Check to make sure you are calling the correct number for the service that you are requesting. CenturyLink has different numbers for various departments, so check the website or your latest bill for what number to call.
- Have your account number, as well as any correspondence or bills related to your inquiry, in front of you. Nothing is more frustrating (for you or the representative, than finally beginning a conversation only to have to search for documents that you don't have handy.
- If you are requesting technical support for your Internet, phone or DirectTV, keep in mind that the representative will likely ask to perform remote diagnostic testing. This will be easier if you are in the same room as the device or your computer. If you are calling about broadband service from a mobile phone, and your phone is currently connected to your WiFi, switch off the WiFi.
- Keep pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call. This can be helpful if you need to record confirmation numbers and can be particularly useful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to CenturyLink Customer Support?
Reports on CenturyLink customer service is mixed. Some customers are very pleased with the service that they've received while others have complaints. Areas of dissatisfaction often involve inconsistent information provided by customer service representatives, as well as a failure to follow-through on promises made.
Notable Media Reports
In one reported case, a long-standing customer entered into a payment arrangement with CenturyLink as a way of paying off a past due balance. Despite this agreement and an explanation that his first payment would take a few days to arrive, CenturyLink disconnected his service anyway, demanding a deposit before reconnection. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not until the story was reported on by a local journalist.
What Kind of Issues can CenturyLink Customer Support Resolve?
Customer service representatives for CenturyLink can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including enrolling you into a new service as well as transferring, changing and canceling service.
In addition, a representative can perform some diagnostics on your service and equipment. The representative may also be able to teach you how to use your equipment and get the most out of your broadband, phone and DirectTV services.
What can't Be Resolved by Phone with CenturyLink?
If your situation can only be resolved by replacing or repairing equipment, you will need to either schedule a technician appointment or make arrangements to swap out devices at a CenturyLink location.
If you want to pay your bill in cash, you will need to visit an authorized payment center. Be sure to bring your latest CenturyLink bill with you so as to ensure that your payment is properly credited to your account.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With my Call to CenturyLink?
If your first call to CenturyLink doesn't resolve your issue, don't give up. There are still things you can do:
- If you haven't already done so, write down what happened during your call. Having this information in writing can make it easier for you to describe what happened to other CenturyLink agents.
- Call back. You may have had a bad experience with one representative, but the next person you speak to may have the training and ability to help.
- Use CenturyLink's live chat option to communicate with a representative. A variation on this is getting in touch via CenturyLink's social media accounts. Either option provides you with a transcript of your conversation, something that can be very useful if you have to pursue the matter further.
Customer Number 888-218-0467 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial888-218-0467
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST
Best time to dial2:15pm
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 1 to order service, press 2 for customer service
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, web
Quality of communication86%
Quality of help69%
Information last updatedFri May 14 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
CenturyLink's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is CenturyLink's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a CenturyLink agent. This phone number is CenturyLink's Best Phone Number because 39,744 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 888-218-0467 include Setup Service, Lower My Bill, Technical Support, Transfer Service, Cancel Service and other customer service issues. The CenturyLink call center that you call into has employees from Louisiana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska and is open Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST according to customers. In total, CenturyLink has 5 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to CenturyLink representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting CenturyLink - by phone or otherwise
While 888-218-0467 is CenturyLink's best toll-free number, there are 7 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other CenturyLink customers, is by calling their 800-366-8201 phone number for their Customer Service department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 800-366-8201 for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact CenturyLink please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for CenturyLink.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to CenturyLink?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like CenturyLink. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. If you look at our Metro PCS Phone Number page, you can see an example of those free calling mechanisms and tips shared by other customers. Or take a look at the Virgin Mobile Phone Number page. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies like Metro PCS or Virgin Mobile. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.