GEICO Phone Number
Call GEICO customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 42 mins (20m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 9:00am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 0, press 0, press 0 then wait
Reasons customers like you called recently
Ask about question about my next payment
Wanting a collision update, it’s been a month with no update
i need a claim adjuster
I need to see how to log back into Drive Easy since I had not driven my car until today...
I need to speak to a representative
I was in a car accident where I was hit from behind on the highway after I had come to...
I need a rental my sister was going to run it for me because she’s got a drivers like a...
Need to stop auto pay from checking account. I have opened up another one and need to...
Ronald Abbott****** Freedom Dr.*Red Rock AZ. ******Tel. *** *** *****email *****@***.co...
I need to add a new vehicle to my insurance plan. I already have one car insured with G...
Claims - Been waiting for adjuster
Auto insurance - I need to be taken off auto-draft or auto-pay. I also need to speak wi...
We got hit by a car, minor bumper damage, we have the insurance of the person at fault...
Information on my bill
Starting a claim from an accident upon yesterdaySee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on GEICO's Phone-Based Customer Care
Government Employees Insurance Company, better known as GEICO, is a car insurance company that operates in the United States. With over 15 million policyholders, it isn't surprising that GEICO gets a lot of customer service requests.
Why Do People Call GEICO Customer Support?
People call GEICO customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Applying for a new policy
- Canceling or a changing an existing policy
- Questions about coverage
- File a claim
- Request roadside assistance
- Questions about billing and payment issues
- Appealing a decision
Best Practices for Calling GEICO Customer Service
Here are some tips for getting your questions answered and issues resolved quickly when you call GEICO customer service:
- Like many large companies, GEICO has multiple divisions, each with its own customer service department. Before calling GEICO, make sure you are calling the correct number.
- Before calling, make sure you have information and documentation relevant to your situation in front of you, including: Policy numbers, the name of your insurance agent, billing statements, police reports or citations, information from the other driver or drivers who were parties to an accident or collision, attorney information, medical bills and copies of previous correspondence between you and GEICO.
- Have pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call.
It should be noted that if you are calling GEICO to purchase a policy, your call will be handled by a licensed insurance agent.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling GEICO Customer Service?
Consumer feelings about GEICO customer service varies, with some people praising the good service they've received while others express frustration over how their concerns have been treated and handled by GEICO customer service agents.
Some of the most common complaints about GEICO customer service revolves around the inability of GEICO customer service representatives to explain premium increases or to hasten roadside assistance services when customers need a tow.
What Kind of Issues can GEICO Customer Service Representative Resolve?
GEICO customer service representatives and phone-based insurance agents can address and resolve many issues, including starting, changing, and canceling policies, opening new claims, tracking claims, answering questions about coverage and premiums and researching billing transactions.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to GEICO Customer Service?
A GEICO customer support agent can't make determinations about insurance claims and don't set premium rates. If you are unhappy about how a claim has been handled or the fact that your insurance premiums have gone up, keep in mind that the person who answers the phone when you call had nothing to do with either decision. You may need to speak to your insurance agent or escalate your case with GEICO to achieve the resolution you want.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with GEICO?
If you get off the phone with GEICO customer service and feel as though your case has not been appropriately handled, or that your questions have not been answered, don't give up. You have several options when dealing with GEICO, so don't feel as though your last conversation with its customer service team is the last word on your issue.
- First, review your notes from your original phone call to Geico. If you did not take notes during your call, write down what you remember from the conversation. This information can help keep your conversation on topic when you re-contact GEICO.
- Next, call GEICO back. Keep in mind that customer service representatives have different levels of training and education, as well as experience. The next person you speak to may be able to resolve your situation, answer your question or escalate your case to an appropriate manager.
- GEICO offers multiple contact methods. If calling doesn't seem to be working for you, consider sending an email through GEICO's online email form, getting in touch through social media or sending GEICO a letter through postal mail. One advantage of using social media or email is that you will have a written transcript of both sides of your conversation with GEICO.
- Talk to the insurance agent who sold you your policy. He or she may be able to advocate for you.
- If you are unable to resolve your issue after escalating your case to GEICO management, contact the agency in your state that oversees insurance companies. Filing a complaint takes time and you will likely not see an immediate result, but working through government channels can often be successful, especially if other policy-holders file similar complaints.
Customer Number 800-841-3000 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-841-3000
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial9:00am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 0, press 0, press 0 then wait
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, twitter, web
Quality of communication51%
Quality of help62%
Information last updatedThu Nov 25 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
GEICO's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is GEICO's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a GEICO agent. This phone number is GEICO's Best Phone Number because 286,824 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-841-3000 include Coverage Questions, Make a Claim, Update Account Info, Cancel Policy, Refund a Charge and other customer service issues. The GEICO call center that you call into has employees from New York, California and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, GEICO has 8 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to GEICO representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting GEICO - by phone or otherwise
While 800-841-3000 is GEICO's best toll-free number, there are 10 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other GEICO customers, is by calling their 800-861-8380 phone number for their Member Services department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 800-861-8380 for Member Services. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact GEICO please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for GEICO.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to GEICO?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like GEICO. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.