Progressive Insurance Phone Number
Call Progressive Insurance customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 21 mins (21m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:20am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 000.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Need proof of insurance for business for our business to have on file. Repeated fax and...
Policy no **-*******. What is my NAIC no and my expiration date
What’s my naive no and my expiration date
do mot have my claim number
I want to get a quote on a new auto policy
My car is in the shop and ready to give an agent a full estimate.
I work for an attorney, Louis Woodruff, Raleigh, NC, and I need to get a letter from Pr...
Took out multiple payments from my bank account for one month
I need help with my insurance claim
Been on hold for over * hours
Returning call for a previously filed claim
My son has my car in Louisiana and just informed me it was stolen what do I do
We’re buying a condo in Phoenix Az. Progressive currently insures this condo for the cu...
I called in a claim on September **th representative say they'll be out to look at the...
I need to make a claimSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Progressive Insurance's Phone-Based Customer Care
Progressive Insurance is a car insurance company that operates in the United States. As one of the largest auto insurers in the U.S., it isn't surprising that Progressive Insurance gets a lot of customer service requests.
Why Do People Call Progressive Insurance Customer Support?
People call Progressive Insurance customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Applying for policies
- Making changes to an existing policy
- Coverage questions
- Claim assistance
- Billing inquiries
- Claim appeals
Best Practices for Calling Progressive Insurance Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to ensure that your call is handled quickly and professionally:
- Like many large companies, Progressive Insurance has multiple divisions, each with its own customer service department. Before calling Progressive Insurance, make sure you are dialing the correct number. You can find numbers on Progressive's website.
- Ensure that you have relevant documentation in front of you, such as: Policy numbers, insurance agent name, billing statements, police reports and copies of previous correspondence between you and Progressive Insurance.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Progressive Insurance Customer Service?
Progressive Insurance as a strong reputation for providing helpful customer service. Online and news media searches indicate no patterns of complaints by customers.
What Kind of Issues can Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Progressive Insurance customer service representatives can address a range of issues, including policy purchases and changes to policies, opening claims, tracking claims, researching billing issues and confirming information about coverage and premiums.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Progressive Insurance Customer Service?
Customer service representatives don't set your premiums and they don't make decisions about claims. Avoid taking out frustrations on a customer service representative just because you don't like a decision made by Progressive's underwriters or adjusters.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Progressive Insurance?
If you feel as though your case has not been appropriately handled, or that your questions have not been answered, don't give up. You have several options for resolving your concerns or getting your questions answered.
- Before doing anything, review the notes you took during your first call. If you did not take notes during your call, jot down your recollections from the call. You may be able to identify areas of miscommunication that you can note to the next agent who takes your call.
- Next, call Progressive Insurance back. The next agent to whom you speak may have more training or experience than the previous agent. He or she may be better able to understand and address your concerns.
- Progressive Insurance offers multiple contact methods. If a second call doesn't get you the results you seek, try using live chat or opening up a support claim online or through email. You can also try reaching the company through one of its many social media profiles. One advantage of these methods is that they provide you with a written transcript of your conversation which can be useful if you eventually have to escalate your case.
- Another option is to contact your insurance agent to see if he or she is willing to intervene on your behalf. He or she may be able to resolve the issue with Progressive directly or the insurance brokerage may be able to initiate a goodwill gesture and handle your concern in-house.
- If all your efforts fail and you are unable to resolve issues with Progressive Insurance management, your state agent that governs insurance companies may be able to help. Filing a complaint can be a time-consuming process, but it may provide you with the resolution that you seek.
Customer Number 800-776-4737 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-776-4737
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial8:20am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 000.
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, web, email, chat
Quality of communication65%
Quality of help68%
Information last updatedWed Oct 13 2021 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Progressive Insurance's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Progressive Insurance's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Progressive Insurance agent. This phone number is Progressive Insurance's Best Phone Number because 84,180 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-776-4737 include Get Insurance, Make a Claim, Pay Bill, Cancel Policy, Policy Question and other customer service issues. The Progressive Insurance call center that you call into has employees from Texas, Ohio, Colorado, Arizona, California, Florida and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Progressive Insurance has 3 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Progressive Insurance representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Progressive Insurance - by phone or otherwise
While 800-776-4737 is Progressive Insurance's best toll-free number, there are 6 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other Progressive Insurance customers, is by calling their 800-876-5581 phone number for their Member Services department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 800-876-5581 for Member Services. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Progressive Insurance please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Progressive Insurance.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Progressive Insurance?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Progressive Insurance. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.