UPS Phone Number
Call UPS customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 24 mins (8m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-midnight EST; best time to call: 8:30am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages OR Say "Customer service" twice, the automated system will ask you to pick from the list of options, repeat "Customer service" twice again.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I received a text message stating,(We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was n...
I have not recieved my package at all and it sent me notifications that i did have a at...
I want to pick up my package tomorrow in Burlington Washington if it doesn't make it to...
package says delivered but not delivered
My delivery driver did not attempt to deliver my package, but said they did.
UPS said they couldn’t deliver since due to “holiday closures.” We live in a gated comm...
Re: *ZX*************** *This parcel was suppose to come on Nov**th. We got a delay noti...
I haven't received my payment this week
Mailed package to Japan on Saturday, November **, from Verona, WI. Went to checkout tra...
My name if Farrel Beltran employee Id number ******* and I work in pd ** loading and I...
Package was delivered to wrong address even after I paid to have the address changed an...
My package wasn't delivered to my address
My UPS package claims to have been delivered but it is not at my home, anywhere, not is...
Didn’t get paid need to talk to ups
Package going to wrong addressSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on UPS's Phone-Based Customer Care
UPS is a major shipping company that operates around the world. As one of the largest companies in its industry, UPS receives many calls each day from customers with questions and concerns about the delivery of packages and letters.
Why Do People Call UPS Customer Support?
People call UPS for a range of reasons, including:
- Questions about shipping and mailing costs and policies
- Help with tracking packages and letters
- Purchasing services
- Filing a claim for lost or damaged items or packages
- Complaining about a driver or service at a UPS agent or office
- Questions about international shipping and customs
- Making a delivery change
Best Practices for Calling UPS Customer Service
Here are some tips for a successful call to UPS customer service:
- Before calling UPS, make sure you are dialing the correct number. There are different numbers for domestic and international shipping, as well as for freight pallets and packages over 150 pounds. It's also important to call the designated UPS number for the country that you are calling from.
- When calling, have relevant documentation in front of you, including any tracking numbers, invoices, receipts, or communications between you and UPS. If possible, have the names and addresses for both the shipper and the receiver available.
- Have pen and paper handy so that you can take down any notes or confirmation numbers provided to you by the UPS customer service representative.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling UPS Customer Service?
UPS generally has a good reputation for providing quality customer service. In most cases, people are satisfied with UPS's ability to deliver packages quickly and in good condition. Calls to UPS are usually answered quickly and resolutions are achieved with minimal to the caller.
It should be noted, however, that there can be longer wait times for customer service agents during peak delivery periods, such as right before the winter holidays.
There are a few complaints that have been noted by news media or third-party advocates. These have generally involved cases in which a caller made a claim due to a shipping mishap or damaged product. In some cases, UPS took longer than it should have to approve a claim and compensate the caller.
What Kind of Issues can UPS Customer Service Representative Resolve?
A UPS customer service representative can handle most issues over the phone. These include tracking packages and launching investigations into packages that appear to have gone missing. The agent may also be able to assist with filing and processing claims for lost and damaged items.
UPS customer support agents can also answer questions about shipping and let you know if an item require special handling or whether it is an item that UPS can legally ship. If you need to change delivery instructions for a package, UPS agents may also be able to assist in re-directing the item to a different address.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to UPS Customer Service?
Some tasks cannot easily be completed over the phone. Physical shipment of goods, for example, will require you to visit a UPS agent or to print out a shipping label at home and then dropping your package off at a UPS collection box.
There may be some situations in which you must physically bring in a damaged box or item for assessment if you are making an insurance claim. However, a phone agent may be able to direct you to a location where you can meet with a UPS employee to complete the inspection.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with UPS?
You hang up the phone after speaking to a UPS phone representative and feel as though your questions were not answered or that your problem has not been resolved, don't fret. Options are still available to you:
- If you took notes during your initial call to UPS customer service, review them. If you were not able to take down notes while talking to an agent, take a few minutes to write down what you remember from the call. This information can be useful as you escalate your case.
- Once you feel comfortable doing so, call UPS back. The next representative you speak to me be able to better understand your concerns and provide you with assistance.
- If your second call fails, you have the option of sending email to UPS through its website or getting in touch through one of its social media accounts. Both of these options provide you with a transcript of your communications, which can be useful if you have to take your issue to UPS management.
- You may also be able to visit a UPS Customer Center and ask to speak to someone there about your concerns. Don't confuse UPS Customer Centers with UPS Stores or Authorized Shipping Outlets. The latter two are independent businesses that are likely limited in their ability to help, particularly if they were not involved in the shipping or delivery of a package.
Customer Number 800-742-5877 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-742-5877
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Fri 8am-midnight EST
Best time to dial8:30am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages OR Say "Customer service" twice, the automated system will ask you to pick from the list of options, repeat "Customer service" twice again.
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, facebook, email, web, twitter
Quality of communication63%
Quality of help56%
Information last updatedThu Nov 25 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
UPS's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is UPS's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a UPS agent. This phone number is UPS's Best Phone Number because 157,950 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-742-5877 include Lost Package, Track a Package, Change Delivery Address, Missing Delivery, Delivery Issue and other customer service issues. The UPS call center that you call into has employees from Michigan and is open Mon-Fri 8am-midnight EST according to customers. In total, UPS has 6 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to UPS representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting UPS - by phone or otherwise
While 800-742-5877 is UPS's best toll-free number, there are 12 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other UPS customers, is by calling their 877-289-6418 phone number for their Online Shipping and Tracking department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via Live Chat for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact UPS please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for UPS.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to UPS?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like UPS. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.