TurboTax Phone Number
Call TurboTax customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 147 mins (89m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST; best time to call: 8:05am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Say "I don't one" then "Representative" then "Representative"
Reasons customers like you called recently
I need to move Turbotax to another PC and not use another license
I still have not received my tax refund, I've called and spoke to a representative mont...
I received my state income tax return on **********. I was told that there is an issue...
I filed my taxes with you before the unemployment tax break ($**,***) it showed I owed...
I haven't received my stimulus check yet because TurboTax has got my area code wrong
Received a notice from IRS stating I need to verify my identity but I filed with turbo tax
My tax preparer kept my rebate
Not received my refund sent on July **th
I used Turbotax to file my taxes this year, and I authorized Turbotax to take some of m...
Still waiting on my tax return
I have a copy of my ****A I need help filling out my **** form
Why is my return more than what I got. Originally it was ****. Now it says it should of...
I filed my taxes back in March but I still haven’t gotten it and it is now august.
Need to speck with someone about my direct deposit an my refund status
I would like to b able to get a copy of my **** taxes that I had done through Turbo tax...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on TurboTax's Phone-Based Customer Care
TurboTax is a company that sells tax preparation software, online tax preparation and other services. As one of the best-known and respected online tax preparation and software companies in the country, it isn't surprising that TurboTax gets a lot of requests for customer support each and every day.
Why Do People Call TurboTax Customer Support?
People call TurboTax for a range of reasons, including:
- Ordering, changing or canceling services
- Help with deciding which tax preparation package makes the most sense for the needs of an individual, couple or business
- Questions about tax return submission status
- Requests for technical support
- Billing inquiries
- Help with hacking or identity theft issues
- Referrals to tax professionals who may be able to assist with tax filing
Best Practices for Calling TurboTax Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that your call to TurboTax is handled quickly and professionally:
- Before calling, make sure that you have before calling, make sure that you have gathered relevant documentation. This might include previous year's tax returns, W-2s and other tax forms, billing statements, order confirmation emails and any previous correspondence between yourself and TurboTax regarding your concern.
- If you are calling for technical support, have your device or computer handy so that you can troubleshoot along with the agent.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call. Call notes can be very handy if you have to speak to more than one person or need to escalate your case.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling TurboTax Customer Service?
Research indicates that there are no patterns of complaints regarding TurboTax customer service online. This suggests that customers are generally satisfied with the level of support that they have received.
What Kind of Issues can a TurboTax Customer Service Representative Resolve?
TurboTax customer service representatives can resolve most customer issues, including providing troubleshooting and technical support, assisting customers with choosing the type of tax return package best suits their financial situation, billing issues, checking on the status of a submitted tax return and assisting with things like hacked accounts or suspected identity theft.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to TurboTax Customer Service?
TurboTax customer service representatives are not tax or legal professionals and they cannot provide advice on tax matters. They cannot mediate between you and the IRS or state tax authorities. They have no control over your tax return once it has been submitted to the tax authority and they are unable to expedite a refund.
If your computer or device is incompatible with TurboTax, a customer service agent may be able to suggest a workaround, but he or she cannot be responsible for completely resolving the issue with third-party products. You may need to contact the manufacturer or use a different device with TurboTax products.
If you are working with a tax professional through TurboTax, you are likely going to need to work with that individual regarding issues that you are having with their advice. Customer service representatives are not in a position to contradict the advice provided by a tax professional.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with TurboTax?
If you get off the phone with TurboTax and feel as though your questions were not answered or your issues were not resolved, don't give up. You may still have options.
- First, review the notes that you took during your call. If you didn't take notes, jot down what you remember of your conversation. You may be able to identify areas of miscommunication or misunderstanding that caused the derailment of your call.
- Next, call TurboTax back. Politely explain how your first call went awry and that you would like a resolution. Keep in mind that customer service representatives have different levels of experience and training and that this agent may be better able to understand your concerns and address your situation.
- If a second call doesn't do the trick, try getting in touch another way. One option is to request support through TurboTax's online form. Another option is to reach out over social media: Specialists are available to answer your direct messages. In both cases, you'll have the advantage of a text-based record of your conversation.
- Another option is to try out TurboTax's online forum. Experienced users of the software are on this forum and are available to offer suggestions on using the software and resolving any problems that you might have.
Customer Number 888-777-3066 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial888-777-3066
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
Best time to dial8:05am
Navigate phone maze to a humanSay "I don't one" then "Representative" then "Representative"
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, facebook, twitter, web
Quality of communication53%
Quality of help56%
Information last updatedSat Jul 31 2021 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
TurboTax's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is TurboTax's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a TurboTax agent. This phone number is TurboTax's Best Phone Number because 109,458 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 888-777-3066 include Return issue, Account access, Technical support, Tax Question, Complaint and other customer service issues. The TurboTax call center that you call into has employees from California, Texas and is open Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST according to customers. In total, TurboTax has 2 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to TurboTax representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting TurboTax - by phone or otherwise
While 888-777-3066 is TurboTax's best toll-free number, there are 6 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other TurboTax customers, is by calling their 800-446-8848 phone number for their Intuit Support department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 800-446-8848 for Intuit Support. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact TurboTax please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for TurboTax.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to TurboTax?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like TurboTax. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.