Tracfone Phone Number
Call Tracfone customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 18 mins (8m avg)
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-10pm EST; best time to call: 8:20am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 1 for English then press 1 for Tracfone and then press 4 at the next menu for help for new and existing customers.
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Add data to my account
I have an LG Rebel * (Tracfone)*I would like to upgrade to a newer phone with more tha...
tracfone website does not recognize my passwords and I have had to change passwords any...
Can’t access my voicemail. Password for phone doesn’t work and last * digits of m* phon...
cannot call call australia. message do to restritions you cannot call
Need device check. I am unable to make calls.*I keep getting message that my access cod...
I was trying to activate my iPhone with a ** dollar plan and it didn’t work and I didn...
I Thought I was activating my phone and I paid $** for the plan and it didn’t work and...
Have had an LG***G cell phone for several years that I like very much but the battery i...
Have calling card trying to active it to my fone
Bought a phone card n its letting me activate it to the fone I have it's a **$ fone card
I just refilled my minutes and heard something about changes being made and I need a ne...
I have a TCL fon and I'm locked out I need pub number
I want to use my truck phone for a government service take the lock off it
Never received a response *Can’t get mobile data internet access *Can’t get decent phon...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Tracfone's Phone-Based Customer Care
TracFone is a prepaid budget mobile phone service provider. As one of the most well-known prepaid phone companies in the country, it is not surprising that TracFone gets a lot of requests for customer service each and every day.
Why Do People Call TracFone Customer Support?
People call TracFone for a range of reasons, including:
- Starting, changing or canceling service
- Purchasing or upgrading a mobile device or accessories
- Troubleshooting and technical support
- Billing inquiries
- Changing personal information on account
- Reporting hacking or identity theft
- Reporting a lost or stolen phone
Best Practices for Calling TracFone Customer Service
There are several ways to help ensure that your call to TracFone customer service is handled quickly and professionally:
- Call during business hours. TracFone phone-based customer service is available seven days a week from 8 AM to 11:45 PM Eastern time.
- Before calling, make sure you have relevant documentation in front of you. This might include service contracts, order confirmations, screenshots, billing statements and any correspondence between you and TracFone regarding your account or your issue.
- If you are calling for help with your device or service, have your device handy so that you can troubleshoot along with the customer service representative. If possible, if you are calling about your phone, have another phone handy so that you can work with the phone that is malfunctioning while also speaking with a customer service representative.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call. Call notes can be helpful if you have to speak to more than one person or need to escalate your case.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling TracFone Customer Service?
Consumer feedback on the level of support offered by TracFone is mixed. Some complain of long wait times and customer service representatives that seem to stick to a script rather than providing real help. However, other consumers are reasonably happy with the level of customer support they have received.
What Kind of Issues can a TracFone Customer Service Representative Resolve?
TracFone customer service representatives can resolve many consumer issues, including help with starting, upgrading, downgrading or canceling service, switching numbers, changing customer information, troubleshooting, researching billing issues, and providing technical support.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to TracFone Customer Service?
TracFone customer service may not be able to resolve problems with equipment beyond simple troubleshooting. You may have to work with the representative to arrange to have the phone repaired or returned to the manufacturer for placement. If you are using your own phone or device, not one provided by TracFone, and it is incompatible with the TracFone system, the representative may be able to suggest a workaround but is unlikely to be able to completely resolve the issue. You will have to work directly with the manufacturer or obtain a new device to ensure full compatibility.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with TracFone?
If you get off the phone with TracFone customer service and feel as though your questions were not answered or your call was not handled properly, don't give up. There are still options available to you.
- First, review your call notes. You may be able to identify an area of misunderstanding or miscommunication that contributed to the derailment of your first call.
- Second, call back. You may have the good fortune of connecting with an agent with more experience or training and who is better able to understand your concerns and provide you with an appropriate resolution. When you call, politely explained this is your second communication about your issue and describe what went wrong with the first call. You may also want to describe your preferred resolution so the agent and yourself are working together toward a common goal.
- If a second call does not work, try getting in touch another way. TracFone offers live chat as an alternative to calling. In addition, you could also send a letter to the executive resolutions team via snail mail. While this is a slow way to get a response, it may be the most effective as many companies take letters sent by postal mail seriously. Another option is to go to the store where you purchased your TracFone plan and speak to a manager there. The manager may be willing to advocate on your behalf or may be willing to handle the situation him or herself as a goodwill gesture.
Customer Number 800-378-9575 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-378-9575
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Sat 8am-10pm EST
Best time to dial8:20am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 1 for English then press 1 for Tracfone and then press 4 at the next menu for help for new and existing customers.
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, web, facebook, twitter
Quality of communication65%
Quality of help58%
Information last updatedSun Nov 21 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tracfone's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Tracfone's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Tracfone agent. This phone number is Tracfone's Best Phone Number because 95,316 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-378-9575 include Recover Account, Add Minutes, Transfer Phone Number, Lost or Stolen Phone, Device Support and other customer service issues. The Tracfone call center that you call into has employees from Florida and is open Mon-Sat 8am-10pm EST according to customers. In total, Tracfone has 6 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Tracfone representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Tracfone - by phone or otherwise
While 800-378-9575 is Tracfone's best toll-free number, there are 11 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other Tracfone customers, is by calling their 800-876-5753 phone number for their Corporate Offices department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via Live Chat for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Tracfone please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Tracfone.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Tracfone?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Tracfone. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.