Delta Phone Number
Calling Delta customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 20 mins (10m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Keep pressing 0 OR tell the voice prompt "Give me options" and then press 0
Reasons customers like you called recently
can air miles be use for merchandise instead of air travel?
Refund for a seat that I did not use
Ive read food policies to my understanding i can carry frozen barbecue back home in...
I need help with recovering my snapchat account that I was just previously in. I logged...
i just want to speak to someone and address the issue
Bought ticket for wrong date. I would like to reschedule my ticket for a different date.
Regarding past flight that was canceled do to covid. Flight DL*** for Aaron Bacon...
I have Processed the Name correction in GDs , so i need a waiver or OSi to change the...
Yesterday when I tried to make reservations, it rejected my request after putting in al...
Cancel first class ticket for to covid. I don't know when I will fly next.
We would like to change our delta flight for tomorrow from leaving at *:** to departing...
Travel restrictions for upcoming flight from CT to Seattle with coronavirus state by st...
My wife will be traveling on a skymiles award ticket, can she pay for *nd (or *rd) chec...
Regarding skymile ...I make my rmtrip via aur France but I didn't receive miles
Covid need to cancel flight on **rd.See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Delta's Phone-Based Customer Care
Delta Airlines is a major international airline. With over 5,400 flights per day, it isn't surprising that Delta gets a lot of calls to its customer service departments.
Why Do People Call Delta Customer Support?
People call Delta customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Booking, making changes to or canceling flight reservations
- Flight rebooking
- Website technical support
- Baggage claim issues, including lost and damaged baggage queries
- Looking for lost property
- Questions about flight policies, such as the cost of checked baggage
- Making arrangements for people with special needs, children traveling alone, or traveling with pets
- Questions about SkyMiles, Delta's frequent-flyer program
- Complaints about service from Delta employees
- Questions about flight times, schedules and delays
- Billing issues
Best Practices for Calling Delta Customer Service
Here are some tips for having a successful customer service call with Delta:
- Delta has several divisions, each with its own customer service number. Check the Delta website to ensure that you have the right number for your concern.
- Ensure that you have information relevant to your situation handy. This might include a calendar, preferred travel dates and times, your ticket confirmation number, SkyMiles number, credit card billing statements, baggage claim numbers or any correspondence between you and Delta regarding your situation.
- Keep pen and paper at the ready so that you can take notes during your call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Delta Customer Service?
Many customers are happy with Delta's customer service and report satisfaction with the way that its phone-based agents handle questions and concerns. Still, there are other customers who have had negative experiences with Delta customer support.
One particular concern that arises is when Delta codeshares flight's with other airlines. This means that a person books a ticket with Delta but the flight is operated by another airline. In these cases, problems and issues with the flight itself can be difficult to sort out.
Some customers also complain about a lack of follow-through on Delta's part: A gate agent or customer service representative may claim that compensation is on its way and then it never seems to arrive. Some customers have to make repeated contacts to deal with the situation, or may even have to involve third-party advocates to get a resolution.
What Kind of Issues can Delta Customer Service Representative Resolve?
A Delta telephone customer service representative can resolve many issues, including the sale of tickets, canceling and changing tickets, rebooking customers, investigating billing issues, assisting with special needs and flight requests, and escalating inquiries as appropriate.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Delta Customer Service?
Delta customer service cannot address lost and found issues if your item was lost outside a plane or gate. In such cases, you would need to contact the airport or, if the item was lost in security, the TSA to file or follow-up on a claim.
Customer support also can't assist when a passenger does not have appropriate identification to fly: Issues around passports and government-issued IDs should be resolved before arriving at the airport.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Delta?
Sometimes, customer service calls don't go the way you want them to. If you hang up the phone with Delta customer service and feel as though you didn't get anything resolved, don't fret. There are other ways to address your issue.
- The first thing that you should do is review the notes you took during your call. This information can be helpful when you get back in touch with Delta. If you don't have any notes, jot down what you remember from your encounter with a Delta customer support representative.
- Next, call Delta back. Politely explain your concern to the next representative and note what happened on your first call. The next person you speak to may have more time on the job or better training and might be able to help you.
- If contacting by Delta seems to not be working, try getting in touch some other way. Delta allows you to email customer service directly from its website. You can also send Delta a message through its Twitter account. The advantage to both these options is that you'll have a transcript of your communication, which is often useful if you have to escalate your case to management or a third party.
Customer Number 800-692-6980 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-692-6980
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial8:15am
Navigate phone maze to a humanKeep pressing 0 OR tell the voice prompt "Give me options" and then press 0
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, web, email, twitter, facebook
Quality of communication54%
Quality of help51%
Information last updatedThu Nov 26 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Delta's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Delta's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Delta agent. This phone number is Delta's Best Phone Number because 174,930 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-692-6980 include Change Booking, Cancelled Flight, Baggage Problem, Special Request, Flight Inquiry and other customer service issues. The Delta call center that you call into has employees from Minnesota, Georgia, Ohio, Utah, Florida, Texas and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Delta has 13 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Delta representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Delta - by phone or otherwise
While 800-692-6980 is Delta's best toll-free number, there are 20 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Delta customers, is by calling their 844-202-2482 phone number for their New Reservations department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 844-202-2482 for New Reservations. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Delta please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Delta.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Delta?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Delta. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.