Subaru Phone Number
Call Subaru customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 7 mins (3m avg)
Hours: Mon-Thu 7:30am-8pm, Fri 10:30am-5pm EST; best time to call: 2:15pm
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 4
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Called customer service on hold a good ** minutes do you only have one person working t...
Just bought a Subaru Forester and moon roof has a crack on it
When is the deadline to purchase an extended warranty from the In Service Date?
How many months from the In Service Date can I purchase an extended warranty? I purchas...
Problems with getting my **** Subaru crosstrek fixed at Modern Subaru of Boone NC. Hav...
All I'm asking is I got a Subaru **** Outback Limited. Started with the button press a...
I have a Subaru **** Outback limited and automatic start with brake and button how do I...
Ordered a new subaru outback on July **th from R&G subaru in Detroit Lakes , mn , and...
VIN number is tied to another email,need to correct it.
Hi -*I was wondering if Subaru is aware of the situation with dogs, Goldens and Labs, t...
I need a case number for the CVT valve body replacement
I am trying to update my GPS. I have gone on the site and attempting to register my ve...
Just a comment. I love the dog adds and may get a Subaru Outback later this year. Prima...
I got a car from Ontario subaru. It was a chevy I got a warranty but they don't work on...
I have a **** Subaru Forester. In Feb. **** the short engine block had to be replaced...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Subaru's Phone-Based Customer Care
Subaru is a major automobile manufacturer. As one of the most popular automobile brands in the United States, it isn't surprising that Subaru receives a lot of requests for customer service each and every day.
Why Do People Call Subaru Customer Support?
People call Subaru customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Information about Subaru vehicles
- Referrals to Subaru dealerships
- Information about warranties and repairs
- Information about vehicle benefits and features
- Filing complaints about Subaru dealerships
Best Practices for Calling Subaru Customer Service
Before calling Subaru customer service, take the following steps to help ensure that your call is handled in a professional manner:
- Make sure you are calling Subaru during it's hours of operation. Phone based customer service is available Monday through Thursday between 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Eastern, Friday between 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern, Saturday between 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Eastern. Customer support is closed on Sunday.
- Have relevant documentation in front of you before calling. This may include your vehicle identification number (VIN), purchase contract, lease contract, dealership information, salesperson information, information from your insurance company, as well as any billing or financing statements. You may need to refer to these items during the call, and you can make things easier on yourself and the agent by having them in front of you for easy access.
- If you are calling about a vehicle problem, be near your vehicle so that you and the agent can troubleshoot together.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call. Call notes can be very helpful if you have to escalate your case.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Subaru Customer Service?
Consumers appear to be generally satisfied with the service received from Subaru. We make this statement based on a search of online and off-line sources and there does not appear to be a pattern of complaint among Subaru drivers. All of this suggests that Subaru is doing a competent job of meeting customer needs.
What Kind of Issues can Subaru Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Subaru customer service representatives can resolve a range of issues, including referring you to dealerships, taking complaints about dealerships, helping you to understand your vehicle's features, and addressing warranty claims.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Subaru Customer Service?
A Subaru customer service representative may have limited ability to deal with some mechanical issues: he or she may be able to provide basic troubleshooting but obviously cannot provide repair over the phone. In such cases, the agent will likely refer you to your dealership or an approved mechanic. Customer service representatives cannot moderate disputes between customers and dealers nor do these agents set vehicle pricing or financing terms.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Subaru?
If you get off the phone with Subaru customer service and feel as though the agent did not understand your question or concern, or that he or she did not respond appropriately, don't give up. You still have options for achieving a satisfactory resolution.
- First, review the notes that you took during your call. If you did not take notes, take some time to jot down what you remember. You may be able to identify miscommunications or misunderstandings that played a role in derailing the conversation and preventing a resolution from being achieved.
- Next, call Subaru back. Explain politely that your first call did not work out the way you wanted it to. Describe what you think went wrong and then explain the kind of resolution you would like. Doing this allows the agent to better understand your concerns and gives you in the agent the opportunity to work toward a common goal.
- If a second call does not work, try getting in touch another way. Subaru offers the option of getting support via email. Fill out the online form and be as thorough and descriptive as possible. Another option is to send a letter via postal mail. While this is a slow way of resolving your issue, physical letters are often given significant attention by companies. Make sure that you send it using certified mail or another trackable method.
- In some cases, it may be best to contact your dealership directly. The dealership may be in a better position to address your issue or, the manager there may be willing to intervene with Subaru on your behalf. In some cases, a dealership may also resolve a problem on its own as a goodwill gesture.
Customer Number 800-782-2783 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial800-782-2783
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Thu 7:30am-8pm, Fri 10:30am-5pm EST
Best time to dial2:15pm
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 4
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, web
Quality of communication84%
Quality of help87%
Information last updatedMon Sep 13 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Subaru's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Subaru's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Subaru agent. This phone number is Subaru's Best Phone Number because 4,026 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 800-782-2783 include Make a booking, Change booking, Cancel booking, Overcharge/Strange charge, Loyalty program and other customer service issues. Rather than trying to call Subaru first, consider describing your issue first; from that we may be able to recommend an optimal way to contact them via phone or web. In total, Subaru has 2 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Subaru representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Subaru - by phone or otherwise
While 800-782-2783 is Subaru's best toll-free number, there are 3 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team , according to other Subaru customers, is by calling their 856-488-8500 phone number for their Corporate Offices department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via Online Help for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Subaru please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Subaru.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Subaru?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Subaru. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.