Sirius/XM Phone Number
Calling Sirius/XM customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 25 mins (24m avg)
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 8am-8pm EST; best time to call: 8:05am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Press 4
Reasons customers like you called recently
I want to have service on my car
sirius xm update all new channels big update will be done **:**am midnight*update all s...
I bought a new car and need to transfer service
I was billed *x for the same monthly service contract last month. **I will cancel servi...
Want to cancel account
You took out more money should have you suppose to take out *.** you took out twenty so...
I received an e-mail today stating that I can stream Siriusxm by linking it to my Alexa...
I don't even know what your product is but I have been charged for it and wish to cance...
I’d like your phone number to pay my Bill !!!
No problem, guys. Just want to commend your Q comms on The Bridge. Songs and lyrics a...
I want to resubscribe for the same rate as last time
Signed out of Sirusxm app on my iPhone. I forgot how to log back in. I need help loggin...
Why can I NOT get some channels in my car that I can get on my phone? Yacht Rock for example
I would like to cancel my subscription! Thank you!
Inquiry about what happened to my Disney channelSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Sirius/XM's Phone-Based Customer Care
Sirius XM is a popular online satellite and online radio service. As one of the oldest and most popular services of its type, it isn't surprising that it gets a lot of requests for customer service each and every day.
Why Do People Call Sirius XM Radio Customer Support?
People contact Sirius XM customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Setting up accounts and initiating subscriptions
- Changing or canceling service plans
- Troubleshooting and technical support
- Learning about and using Sirius XM features
- Billing and account issues
- Identity theft and hacking concerns
Best Practices for Calling Sirius XM Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that your call to to Sirius XM customer service is handled quickly and professionally:
- Call during business hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8am through 8pm Eastern Time.
- Be prepared for your call by having relevant documentation handy. This might include order confirmations, information about the device you are using to listen to Sirius XM, credit card and billing statements, screen shots documating technical issues and any previous correspondence between you and Sirius XM regarding your issue.
- If you are calling for technical support, have your device handy so that you can troubleshoot along with the agent.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call. Pen and paper work well for this purpose.
How Do Consumers Feel About Calling Sirius XM Customer Service?
Sadly, it appears that many people are unhappy with Sirius XM's customer service. They feel as though they are not listened to or that the customer service agents often fail to follow-through on their promises to address concerns. There are also complaints that Sirius XM customer service representatives are rude and there are unacceptably long wait times to speak to a live person.
One area of particular frustration is cancellation of accounts: In some cases, Sirius XM claims that an account has been cancelled, but consumers are still billed for a service that they no longer receive.
What Kind of Issues can Sirius XM Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Most common consumer issues can be resolved by customer service agents, including starting, changing, and ending plans, technical support questions, assistance with using product features and researching billing issues.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Sirius XM Customer Service?
Since customers use third-party devices to access the service, it is important to realize that Sirius XM can't be held responsible for incompatibilities between the service and a device or a device problem. Technical support specialists may be able to determine whether a problem is with a device or with the radio service and may even be able to suggest a workaround if the device is the source of the issue. However, it is up to you to ensure that you are using a compatible device when streaming.
If an incompatibility is your issue, you may have to contact the customer service department for the device you are using. Be sure to let them know that you are having an issue with Sirius XM: They may already have an established protocol for dealing with this type of issue or they might be able to refer you to a product that is more compatible.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Sirius XM?
If you get off the phone with a customer service representative and feel as though your questions were not answered or your issues were not resolved, don't give up. You may still have options:
- First, review the notes that you took during your call. If you didn't take notes, jot down what you remember. You may be able to identify an area of miscommunication or misunderstanding that contributed to the failure of your call.
- Next, call back. Politely explain that this is your second call and that you would appreciate a resolution. Explain what you think went wrong during your first conversation and also describe the resolution you desire. Keep in mind that agents have different levels of education, training and experience and this new agent may be in a better position to understand and address your concerns.
- If a second call does not resolve your issue, try a different way of getting in touch. One option is live chat, which has the advantage of being open on weekends and also provides you with a transcript of your conversation. Another option is reaching out over social media.
- Sirius XM also offers an "Unresolved Issue" option on its website. You can complete a web-based form in which you can describe your concern and your attempts to work things out with Sirius XM.
- Other options include contacting your credit card company regarding Sirius XM billing issues and asking that charges be reversed or denied. If your Sirius XM subscription was ordered through your car dealership, contact the dealership and ask them for an intervention on your behalf.
Customer Number 866-635-5027 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial866-635-5027
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCustomer Service
Call center hoursMon-Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 8am-8pm EST
Best time to dial8:05am
Navigate phone maze to a humanPress 4
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, web, email, twitter, facebook
Quality of communication67%
Quality of help80%
Information last updatedThu May 06 2021 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Sirius/XM's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Sirius/XM's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Sirius/XM agent. This phone number is Sirius/XM's Best Phone Number because 82,086 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 866-635-5027 include Change Services, Cancel My Services, Recover Account, Streaming or Download Trouble, Dispute a Charge and other customer service issues. The Sirius/XM call center that you call into has employees from Pennsylvania, Dominican Republic, Canada, Texas, Iowa, New York and is open Mon-Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 8am-8pm EST according to customers. In total, Sirius/XM has 6 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Sirius/XM representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Sirius/XM - by phone or otherwise
While 866-635-5027 is Sirius/XM's best toll-free number, there are 12 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Sirius/XM customers, is by calling their 866-635-5020 phone number for their Cancel Services department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 866-635-5020 for Cancel Services. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Sirius/XM please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Sirius/XM.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Sirius/XM?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Sirius/XM. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.