Hughesnet Phone Number
Calling Hughesnet customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 7 mins (6m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 2:30pm
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: This is the telephone number for Hughes Network corporate headquarters in Germantown, MD. Press 0 for the operator and then ask for Executive Account support. You will then be able to talk to an American who speaks wonderful English.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I think support turned my voice support off. If so please turn it back on. I get abusy...
I want to check out getting service
I was on chat with support and lost it
I want to reactivate my internet
Can't get wifi working
I want to cancel service why am I being sent to a tech expert that wants to charge mone...
I have a hughesnet dish left on my property that was rented I need to know what to do a...
I signed up for Hughesnet talk, got the equipment, hooked it all up, activated the syst...
I called to get prices on the services. When I was gone last August September Hughsnet...
Extremely slow Internet. Intolerable!***** ***-**** (new Cell number)****** W Sunrise...
I. Need a higher speed yo stream new programs
No internet, routers are working correctly
No internet connection
So we just had our Internet turned back on, it was on pause! We now have the fire stic...
I just got service yesterday and it’s buffering way to muchSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Hughesnet's Phone-Based Customer Care
Hughesnet is a provider of high-speed satellite Internet service. With more than 1.3 million customers, it isn't surprising that Hughesnet customer service gets a lot of calls each and every day.
Why do People Call Hughesnet Customer Support?
People call Hughesnet customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Questions about Hughesnet services
- Starting, modifying or canceling service
- Technical support
- Billing questions
- Scheduling service calls from a technician
Best Practices for Calling Hughesnet Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to ensure that your call to Hughesnet is handled quickly and professionally:
- Before calling Hughesnet customer service, make sure that you have all relevant documentation handy. This may include order confirmations, invoices, billing statements, credit card statements, product serial numbers and any correspondence between you and Hughesnet regarding your case or situation.
- Hughesnet has partnered with Sutherland to provide technical support for connected devices. This service requires a separate subscription, so it is important that you understand the distinction between device technical support and Hughesnet customer service.
- Hughesnet has different numbers for sales and customer support. Make sure you are calling the correct number.
- Have pen and paper available so that you can take notes during your call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Hughesnet Customer Service?
It appears as though consumers are generally satisfied with the level of customer service provided by Hughesnet. There are no consistent patterns of dissatisfaction to be found in reports online or in the media.
What Kind of Issues can Hughesnet Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Hughesnet customer service representatives can resolve many issues, including issues with beginning, changing, or ending service, scheduling technician service calls, providing assistance with returning equipment, troubleshooting, technical support and researching billing inquiries.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Hughesnet Customer Service?
Hughesnet customer service representatives can provide basic troubleshooting services and resolve some technical issues remotely. In some cases, however, they may have to schedule a technician visit to deal with more serious issues.
In situations where third-party equipment does not appear to be compatible with Hughesnet services and equipment, a customer support agent may be able to suggest a work-around, but, in the end, may not be able to resolve the problem completely. In such cases, you may have to replace your equipment with something that is compatible with Hughesnet.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Hughesnet?
If you get off the phone with Hughesnet customer service and feel as though your questions were not answered or issues resolved, don't fret. You may still have options.
- First, review the notes that you took while speaking to Hughesnet customer service. You may be able to identify an area of miscommunication.
- Next, call Hughesnet back. Keep in mind that some customer service representatives have more training and experience than others. There is a good chance that the next person you speak to will be in a better position to provide you with assistance.
- When you place your second call, explain politely that you've called before and describe both your issue and how the first representative was unable to help. Doing this lets the second representative target your area of dissatisfaction and encourages him or her to figure out a different strategy.
- If a second call doesn't work, try getting in touch with Hughesnet in a different way. You may be able to submit a request online or contact social media specialists through one of the company's social platform accounts.
- Hughesnet does have an online user community that is frequented by experienced users. Consider posting your issue or question there.
- If you signed up for Hughesnet through a third-party dealer, you might consider talking to the dealer to see if management can advocate for you.
Customer Number 301-428-5500 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial301-428-5500
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingCorporate Offices
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial2:30pm
Navigate phone maze to a humanThis is the telephone number for Hughes Network corporate headquarters in Germantown, MD. Press 0 for the operator and then ask for Executive Account support. You will then be able to talk to an American who speaks wonderful English.
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, chat, web
Quality of communication69%
Quality of help52%
Information last updatedThu May 13 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Hughesnet's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Hughesnet's best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Hughesnet agent. This phone number is Hughesnet's Best Phone Number because 51,780 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 301-428-5500 include Overcharge on Account, Device Support, Setup Payment Arrangement, Lower My Bill, Cancel Service and other customer service issues. The Hughesnet call center that you call into has employees from Missouri and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Hughesnet has 8 phone numbers. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Hughesnet representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Hughesnet - by phone or otherwise
While 301-428-5500 is Hughesnet's best toll-free number, there are 10 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Hughesnet customers, is by calling their 888-615-0298 phone number for their New Customers department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via 888-615-0298 for New Customers. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Hughesnet please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Hughesnet.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Hughesnet?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Hughesnet. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.