Avast! Phone Number
Calling Avast! customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 22 mins (6m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 10:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Just wait
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I paid avast ultimate for ** users through ccavenue. But I didn't get any notification...
My credit was charged * times on the same day for the same service. This must be reso...
I HAVE PAID AVAST VPN A FEW YEARS IN ADVANCE... HOWEVER, MY VPN HAS STOPPED WORKING. RE...
Cancelar el producto marque equivocado el n*mero del producto es ******* por la cantida...
Cancelar quiero el renbloso el n*mero de pedido es *******
I purchased avast breach guard and downloaded it. Attempting to install it I could not...
hi my name is Elie Rizk and this my account " *****@***.com" i am a premium user and i...
Hi, I would like for Avast Secure Broweser " Uninstall" it would not this for m...
I am still waiting for you to credit my visa in the amount of $**.** and apply the...
On my Avast Premium it tells me "sensitive data shield" is off, but when I click it to...
Avast reversed the charges to my credit card but I cannot p*rint out the e-mail confirm...
Have a new credit card and need to change the auto payment for upcoming payments.*Have...
can yue call me **********
I need to unsubscribe from Avast! but cannot do so without an order number but did not...
I have lost my VPN security on my Avast package. for my Apple iPad. my e-mail is...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Avast!'s Phone-Based Customer Care
Avast is a software company that is particularly well-known for its Internet security software. As one of the top antivirus software companies in the world, Avast gets a lot of requests for customer service each day.
It should be noted that Avast charges for both business and consumer phone-based customer support. There are support plans that you can purchase, or you can pay for phone-based customer support as you go. If you need customer support but don't want to pay for it, you'll have to submit your concern through Avast's online help desk.
Why Do People Call Avast Customer Support?
People call Avast customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Help with installation
- Technical support and troubleshooting
- Canceling or changing current subscriptions
- Billing inquiries
- Training needed in using Avast product
Best Practices for Calling Avast Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that your call to Avast customer service is handled quickly and professionally:
- Make sure that you have access to Avast customer service by phone. You might have a managed software product, a business plan or a Total Care customer service subscription. Without a plan, you won't be able to receive phone-based customer service from Avast unless you are willing to pay on a per-call basis.
- Be prepared for the call. Have documentation handy, including order numbers, previous correspondence about your issue and billing statements.
- If you are calling for technical support or training, have your device or computer in front of you so that you can work with the Avast customer service agent.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call. Pen and paper works well for this, particularly if you are using your device or computer during the call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Avast Customer Service?
Many consumers are unhappy about the fact that Avast does not provide free phone-based customer service. However, those who use Avast's premium customer service options are generally satisfied with the support received.
What Kind of Issues can Avast Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Avast customer service representatives can resolve most issues by phone, including installation, billing concerns, troubleshooting bugs and incompatibilities, and training users in getting the most out of their Avast products.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Avast Customer Service?
While an Avast customer service representative can detect incompatibilities between your Avast software and your hardware or operating system, and, in some cases, may be able to provide work-arounds, he or she cannot override an incompatibility that makes operation impossible. You would have to make necessary adjustments on your own.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Avast?
If you get off the phone with an Avast customer service representative and feel as though your call didn't go well or that you didn't get the resolution you need, don't fret. You may still have options.
- First, review the notes you took while talking to Avast customer service. You may be able to spot the issue that contributed to the lack of success during your call. It may be a miscommunication or an omission. Knowing about it can help you achieve a resolution during your next contact.
- Next, call back. The next customer service representative that you speak to might be in a better position to understand your concern or questions and provide an adequate answer or response.
- If calling doesn't seem to work, consider getting in touch another way. Live chat is an option for those who have premium support through Avast, and it has the advantage of providing you with a transcript of your conversation.
- Avast also has a community forum that can connect you with other users of Avast's services. Experienced users on the forum may be able to understand your question and provide you with a quick response and solution.
Customer Number 866-951-7679 - by the Numbers
Phone number to dial866-951-7679
Call picked up by a real personYES
Department you're callingTechnical Support
Call center hours24 hours, 7 days
Best time to dial10:15am
Navigate phone maze to a humanJust wait
Rank (among phone numbers)1
Alternate methodsphone, web, email
Quality of communication82%
Quality of help61%
Information last updatedWed Aug 05 2020 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Avast!'s Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Avast!'s best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Avast! agent. This phone number is Avast!'s Best Phone Number because 23,130 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 866-951-7679 include Transfer Service, Lost or Broken Phone, Change Plan, Cancel Service, Device Support and other customer service issues. The Avast! call center that you call into has employees from Irving, TX / Nicaragua and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Avast! has 1 phone number. It's not always clear what is the best way to talk to Avast! representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Avast! - by phone or otherwise
While 866-951-7679 is Avast!'s best toll-free number, there are 4 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Avast! customers, is by telling GetHuman about your issue above and letting us find somebody to help you. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via Online Help for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Avast! please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Avast!.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Avast!?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Avast!. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.