I support my adult son **** and have always claimed him. He has no income. In...

GetHuman2515463's customer service issue with IRS from March 2019

48302 similar
0 following
Help with my IRS issue
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman2515463 to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone tocall IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
GetHuman2515463's usage of the GetHuman Phone for this issue
GetHuman Phone call #1 (7 mons ago)
If time is of the essence or you are lost, we partner with a BBB-accredited US-based company that has live experts you can chat with about issues like this for roughly $20-45. Chat now with an expert.
First: share to improve GetHuman2515463's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman2515463 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
Top Tip from another customer
For any tax issues you may have then you will need to call in. You can call customer support at the IRS using 800-829-1040. Once you call press 1 for English then wait for the recording to end. Press 2 then 1 then 3 then 2. The recording will then ask for your social security number you can just press 0# it will ask again then press 0# and finally press 2 once it asks you a question. You will be told your wait time and a representative will pick up to help you.
The issue in GetHuman2515463's own words
I support my adult son **** and have always claimed him. He has no income. In **** & **** my only income is Social Security which isn't taxed. **I received a letter from New York Department of Taxation in **** denying a refund. It wasn't specific giving he didn't meet the age requirement, I made a math error or my return was adjusted to deny any refund. Since Social Security isn't taxed I didn't pay tax obviously. **I have been told that since my only income is Social Security that I don't need to file anymore. How do I receive a letter of verification so that I don't run into problems later?**More importantly, are there any deductions covering my claim of full support for my adult son ? Is there any help at all?
GetHuman2515463 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.
I have an issue with IRS too
How GetHuman2515463 fixed the problem
We are waiting for GetHuman2515463 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.
Follow this to see how it gets fixed
Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Chat with a real person?
If our free tools aren't enough, we partner with a US company that connects you with a live expert right now for a reasonable fee.
Try a Live Expert
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman2515463 fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman2515463
Mar 14th, 2019 - 7 mons ago
I have an issue with IRS too
Not resolved
Seen by 2 customers so far
Similar issue to 48302 others
0 customers following this
Follow this issue to see how it gets fixed
GetHuman2515463 started working on this issue
Mar 14th 7:23pm