Tricare Customer Service
Contact Tricare & solve common issues
Use Tricare's Phone Number
Tricare's customer service phone number is the best way to reach them and resolve issues. While there may be a wait, you will be able to talk to a real human being.
Help specific to your issueStart typing out your issue or question. We can answer questions or elaborate on existing answers in real time with our database of customer service information about Tricare. Below you will also find the phone and non-phone-based contact information we've gathered. Or ask a new question and get an answer fast.
Contacting Tricare customer support
Below you can compare and contrast the 3 ways to contact Tricare by looking at which ones are the fastest and which ones other customers recommend the most for solving Tricare customer service issues as reported to us by the 50 million or so customers that come to GetHuman each year and share their experiences. You can contact Tricare across the following channels: Phone.
Tricare: top questions and answers
Be sure to check out the full answer to your question listed below. We have written extensive, step-by-step guides for even the most vexing of customer service problems for Tricare.
Who is eligible for Tricare? Tricare is a healthcare program primarily designed for active-duty and retired members of the military, including their families. Eligibility
1. Active Duty Service Members: Those serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Space Force, and their Reserve components.
2. National Guard and Reserve Members: Including the Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, and Space Force Reserve.
3. Retired Service Members: Those who served at least 20 years of active duty or qualified for retirement benefits.
4. Medal of Honor Recipients and their families.
5. Survivors: Unremarried former spouses, unmarried children, and adult children with disabilities of deceased active duty or retired service members.
6. Certain Former Spouses: Under the 20/20/20 rule, former spouses of service members who were married to them for at least 20 years, while the service member served for at least 20 years.
It's important to review detailed eligibility requirements and any exceptions on the official Tricare website for specific situations.... Read more
Click below to show 1 more questions, answers, and complete guides to common Tricare customer support problems.
Does GetHuman work with Tricare?
GetHuman does not work with Tricare's customer support operations, directly or in any other way. GetHuman has no partnership or relation to Tricare at all. GetHuman works with customers everywhere to compile the best tips and tools for reaching call centers faster and solving common customer problems effectively. Much of the information on this website comes from customers who struggled to find the best contact information or solve a problem and shared their story. The information on this website is edited frequently, but for the most accurate and up to date contact information, it may be useful to check Tricare's own website for new or more up to date information about calling or messaging their call center. If you'd like to help in the effort to improve customer service for all, please share this page!