My children’s stimulus checks are going to the wrong people. I have not received the fi...

GetHuman5873920's customer service issue with IRS from March 2021

Help with my IRS issue
First: share to improve GetHuman5873920's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman5873920 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
The issue in GetHuman5873920's own words
My children’s stimulus checks are going to the wrong people. I have not received the first one of theirs. I do not know what to do. My ex-husband claimed my daughter last, when I was the one that was supposed to, as stated in our divorce. He is now receiving all of her stimulus checks and I take care of her **% of the time. A couple of years ago my children and I stayed with my “friend” at the time, and her fiance. We had been there for * months. My friend asked me to allow her fiance to claim my son. I have always been told, that as long as you are at the residence for more that * months, I could allow him to claim us. Anyway, I did let him claim my son at the time. This is in January of ****, next thing we hear is about are stimulus checks and how they are going by tax returns. Long story short. They kept my sons * St stimulus check and now they will get his next one which is the one for $****. I know, now, that I did wrong. I really do. I have called, spoke with her asking to send my sons check to him. She told me that the IRS kept it and paid it on her fiance’s child support. Now, that's not fair at all. My son paid his child support. That just blows my mind. Now, since they refuse to take my sons information off of their tax returns, they will receive every single check that the government sends children. Now, these people are no kin to me or my children at all. I only worked with her and “thought” we were friends. Surely to goodness, their has to be a way to stop this. I was told by a tax worker that all they have to do is go to there tax office and ask for a Amended Return. She said that would take all of my sons information off of their taxes. Only, they have to do it, I can’t. Which, is ridiculous. Please help me figure out how to get my son off of their taxes. I allowed them to use his information one time, that’s it, so why are they still claiming him. Not right at all. Please, someone help me. I’m desperate

GetHuman5873920 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.

How GetHuman5873920 fixed the problem

We are waiting for GetHuman5873920 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.

Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Help from Real People?
If our free tools aren't enough, we partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.
Chat with a Live Expert
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman5873920
Mar 22nd, 2021 - 2 years ago
Not resolved
Seen by 21 customers so far
Similar issue to 28266 others
0 customers following this


GetHuman5873920 started working on this issue
Mar 22nd, 2021 4:12pm