I am using turbotax home and business and received a ****C this year for a charge off d...

GetHuman2472361's customer service issue with IRS from March 2019

47678 similar
0 following
Help with my IRS issue
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman2472361 to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone tocall IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
First: share to improve GetHuman2472361's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman2472361 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
Top Tip from another customer
For any tax issues you may have then you will need to call in. You can call customer support at the IRS using 800-829-1040. Once you call press 1 for English then wait for the recording to end. Press 2 then 1 then 3 then 2. The recording will then ask for your social security number you can just press 0# it will ask again then press 0# and finally press 2 once it asks you a question. You will be told your wait time and a representative will pick up to help you.
The issue in GetHuman2472361's own words
I am using turbotax home and business and received a ****C this year for a charge off debt that was originally a second mortgage on my main home during my bankruptcy years ago. I maintained the payments as per my bankruptcy agreement and then decided to take them up on their offer to discharge at a reduced rate. I don't know where to enter this on Turbotax as one of the questions asks if I had a home business in **** which I did but did not make any money this year. The only way I can input the numbers from the ****C is to say it was a cancellation of debt on my main home via "other transfer", stating it was a second mortgage for home improvements ONLY, and then denying that my main home was used as a rental, had a home business, loan cancelled in bankruptcy, and refinanced my loan. So since I had a business with no profit, where do I put these numbers? Or do I just say none of the above, put in the numbers and wait for them to correlate that the business did not make money to see the debt charge off correctly?
GetHuman2472361 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.
I have an issue with IRS too
How GetHuman2472361 fixed the problem
We are waiting for GetHuman2472361 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.
Follow this to see how it gets fixed
Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman2472361 fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman2472361
Mar 13th, 2019 - 5 mons ago
I have an issue with IRS too
Not resolved
Seen by 3 customers so far
Similar issue to 47678 others
0 customers following this
Follow this issue to see how it gets fixed
GetHuman2472361 started working on this issue
Mar 13th 4:52pm