My husband walked out on my children and myself * days before Christmas (Dec...

GetHuman2471247's customer service issue with IRS from March 2019

47531 similar
0 following
Help with my IRS issue
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman2471247 to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone tocall IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
First: share to improve GetHuman2471247's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman2471247 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
Top Tip from another customer
If you are having issues with filing your taxes, forms or any other part of the IRS you can check the solutions guide on the IRS website here If the solutions are not there and you need to call the IRS then call 800-829-1040 press 1 for English then wait for the recording to end. Press 2 then 1 then 3 then 2. The recording will then ask for your social security number you can just press 0# it will ask again then press 0# and finally press 2 once it asks you a question. You will be told your wait time and a representative will pick up to help you.
The issue in GetHuman2471247's own words
My husband walked out on my children and myself * days before Christmas (Dec. **, ****) and has sued me for divorce. I do not know where he is, but he has left me in a financial mess. I'm trying to fill out my income tax forms. Can I file as Head of Household? I am claiming my * children (teenagers) as dependents because I am seeking sole custody and they are planning to speak to a judge about him themselves and support my request for sole custody. I am NOT going to use the child tax credit since he's a slime ball and will most likely use it on his own return (assuming he files one). I am also planning to file form **** for my oldest teen-aged daughter who has taken dual credit courses at a recognized college ( I have the ****-T for this. I do not have W-*'s, because I tutor math in home school community (considered self-employed). I have all appropriate forms (****, Schedule C, Schedule SE, and Schedules * and *).
GetHuman2471247 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.
I have an issue with IRS too
How GetHuman2471247 fixed the problem
We are waiting for GetHuman2471247 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.
Follow this to see how it gets fixed
Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman2471247 fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman2471247
Mar 13th, 2019 - 5 mons ago
I have an issue with IRS too
Not resolved
Seen by 2 customers so far
Similar issue to 47531 others
0 customers following this
Follow this issue to see how it gets fixed
GetHuman2471247 started working on this issue
Mar 13th 3:06pm