I filed taxes last year with my husband who had no income at that time. I received a r...

GetHuman-djcolber's customer service issue with IRS from March 2019

4 views | 42867 similar | 0 following
Help with my IRS issue
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman-djcolber to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone to call IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
If time is of the essence or you are lost, we partner with a California-based expert help company with tech support available 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live person now: Talk now with an expert.
First: share to improve GetHuman-djcolber's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman-djcolber may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
The issue in GetHuman-djcolber's own words
I filed taxes last year with my husband who had no income at that time. I received a refund. However, sometimes during the summer of last year we received a settlement payment from a law firm that did a class action law suit and won. Taxes were taken out for the loss wages that was paid in the law suit, but I believe we were instructed to pay additional taxes on the amount paid to my husband for damages as a result of what happened on his job. I would like to amend my tax return and remove my husband name, filing married but single. Can I do that and have his pay his taxes owed from the recovery of the law suit separately from my tax filing? We received notice of taxes owed in the amount approximately $*,***.** as a result of the money received from the law suit. I want to avoid paying my husband taxes and just pay what I owed based on filing married, but single. I wondered if it is cheaper to leave it as it is and just pay what is owed from the tax notice based on my filing married and joint together last year. Can you call me at ***-***-**** or email me at *****@***.com

GetHuman-djcolber did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.

How GetHuman-djcolber fixed the problem

We are waiting for GetHuman-djcolber to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.

Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Help from Real People?
If our free tools aren't enough, we partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.
Chat with a Live Expert
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman-djcolber fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman-djcolber
Mar 4th, 2019 - 3 years ago
Not resolved
Seen by 4 customers so far
Similar issue to 42867 others
0 customers following this


GetHuman-djcolber started working on this issue
Mar 4th, 2019 9:07pm

Paying Too Much for Cable?

Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.

Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies