I am the primary care taker of my little brother. He lives with me, I provide him with...

GetHuman2036965's customer service issue with IRS from January 2019

20651 similar
0 following
Help with my IRS issue
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman2036965 to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone tocall IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
GetHuman2036965's usage of the GetHuman Phone for this issue
GetHuman Phone call #1 (3 mons ago)
First: share to improve GetHuman2036965's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman2036965 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
Top Tip from another customer
If you are having issues with filing your taxes, forms or any other part of the IRS you can check the solutions guide on the IRS website here https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/post-filing-issues. If the solutions are not there and you need to call the IRS then call 800-829-1040 press 1 for English then wait for the recording to end. Press 2 then 1 then 3 then 2. The recording will then ask for your social security number you can just press 0# it will ask again then press 0# and finally press 2 once it asks you a question. You will be told your wait time and a representative will pick up to help you.
The issue in GetHuman2036965's own words
I am the primary care taker of my little brother. He lives with me, I provide him with clothes and food, and his name is on my lease. I also have custody rights signed over to me on file at his school and I tried to file with him on my taxes and it said that he was filed already. He then told me that he thinks his father filed him on his taxes which he isn’t in the picture he only pays child support every two weeks and that was it. When contacted he admitted filing with my brother because he felt he takes care of him due to child support and I feel that’s not fair and a form of tax fraud and I wanted to know what I could do to be able to file with my brother instead of him
GetHuman2036965 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.
I have an issue with IRS too
How GetHuman2036965 fixed the problem
We are waiting for GetHuman2036965 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.
Follow this to see how it gets fixed
Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman2036965 fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman2036965
Jan 25th, 2019 - 3 mons ago
I have an issue with IRS too
Not resolved
Seen by 3 customers so far
Similar issue to 20651 others
0 customers following this
Follow this issue to see how it gets fixed
GetHuman2036965 started working on this issue
Jan 25th 2:15pm