My husband adopted my son (step-parent adoption) October ****. My son's birth certifica...

GetHuman1365510's customer service issue with IRS from October 2018

4 views | 14112 similar | 0 following
Help with my IRS issue
First: share to improve GetHuman1365510's odds
Strength in numbers! Companies respond better when others are watching.
Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman1365510 to get a IRS rep on the line!
Always use the GetHuman Phone to call IRS. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free!
If time is of the essence or you are lost, we partner with a California-based expert help company with tech support available 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live person now: Talk now with an expert.
Before contacting them, items GetHuman1365510 may need:
Social Security Number, Prior Year AGI, Home Address, Name of Account Holder, and Phone Number
Top Tip from another customer
Try emailing from the email address attached to your ROBLOX account. This is their most responsive channel.
The issue in GetHuman1365510's own words
My husband adopted my son (step-parent adoption) October ****. My son's birth certificate was legally changed when we filed taxes. His name on his social security card had not been changed. I was told by my lawyer to use his new legal name on taxes. We received our tax refund on time, but my son's tax credit was rejected because of his name. I spoke to a representative back in the Spring when I received our tax return and was told I needed to get my son's name changed on his ss card before we could receive the money for his part. We did get his name changed on his ss card and I am wondering what our next step is to getting the rest of the refund for his portion of the return. The information originally entered is still the same. I was told I did not need to do an amendment. I feel that it may just need to be reviewed. You may call my phone at ***-***-**** or email me at the email provided.

GetHuman1365510 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right.

How GetHuman1365510 fixed the problem

We are waiting for GetHuman1365510 to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.

Do you have a customer issue as well?
We can help you get IRS's attention and get better help faster. Tap below to get started.
Help from Real People?
If our free tools aren't enough, we partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.
Chat with a Live Expert
Having IRS issues too?
Get tips from pros & other customers, and get it handled faster:
For better results, write at least 100 characters
This email address isn't valid
Follow this issue
See how GetHuman1365510 fixes it.
This email address isn't valid


Customer service issue
Reported by GetHuman1365510
Oct 17th, 2018 - 4 years ago
Not resolved
Seen by 4 customers so far
Similar issue to 14112 others
0 customers following this


GetHuman1365510 started working on this issue
Oct 17th, 2018 7:32pm

Paying Too Much for TV?

After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.

Call Toll-Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers