We moved into a home with a ** year old GE profile refrigerator. The ice maker has a four prong plug inside the freezer and it is in an awkward position and becomes unplugged. Last week when I got in there (on a step stool) to replug it, it shorted out in a major way and I was tossed to the ground. I think I was mildly electrocuted. After the incident strangely my foot was bleeding and there was a cut. Thank goodness dI was wearing rubber soled shoes. I am fine but worried about the fridge. The inside of the refrigerator by the plug is burnt. I have pictures. I am wondering if there is a safety recall that I have missed. With the electrical burn damage around the plug, I am obviously afraid to plug it in again and wondering if it can be repaired to make ice again.
GetHuman-dltalpos did not yet indicate what GE Consumer Relations should do to make this right.
I have an issue with GE Consumer Relations too
How GetHuman-dltalpos fixed the problem
We are waiting for GetHuman-dltalpos to fix the problem and share the solution with the rest of us customers.
Follow this to see how it gets fixed
Find similar issues & fixes
Follow other customers in the midst of the same issue or find a prior solution.